The participants acquire knowledge and skills necessary for safe navigation in ice-covered areas. Among other things, techniques and methods of detection of ice on sea will be shown. Basis for safe transit in these areas will be taught. After successful completion of the course they are qualified to put the knowledge acquired into practical operation on a ship navigating in ice areas.
The ice navigation course takes 2 days and includes a theoretical part as well as the training on the ship handling simulator with the following specific parts:
- The Baltic Sea as ice region
- Types of ice
- Special requirements of equipment of the ships
- Preparing the crew for ice situations
- Traffic restrictions and related exceptions for safe navigation and ship handling
- Documentation and preservation of evidence
- Handling of the ship in ice covered areas
- The use of icebreakers
- Navigating on ice during undisturbed operation of ship
- Risks and emergency management under ice navigation
Of course the contents can be adapted to your individual requirements.
Duration: 2 days basic training and 2 days advanced training | Language: English and German | Target group: masters and navigational officers on ships operating in ice covered areas | Costs: on appointment