Ice-Navigation Polarcode Basic
The participants acquire knowledge and skills necessary for safe navigation in ice-covered areas. Among other things, techniques and methods of detection of ice on sea will be shown. Basis for safe transit in these areas will be taught. After successful completion of the course they are qualified to put the knowledge acquired into practical operation on a ship navigating in ice areas.
The ice navigation course takes 2 days and includes a theoretical part as well as the training on the ship handling simulator with the following specific parts:
- Ice characteristics – ice areas
- Ship’s performance in ice and cold climate
- Voyage and passage planning for a ship in ice
- Operating and handling a ship in ice
- Regulations and recommendations
- Equipment limitations
- Safety precautions and emergency procedures
- Environmental considerations
Duration: 2 days | Language: English and German | Target group: masters and navigational officers on ships operating in Polar Waters (Polar Code) | Costs: EUR 1,050 per person
Polarcode Basic is a BSH-accredited course (registration number BSH-2017-925-001).