The main topics to be discussed are:
- Cultural Theory: Hofstede, Tompenaars, Lewis, et. al. Time perception and time orientation
- strategic planning in international management
- Foreign Direct Investment versus joint ventures
- Culture as the central challenge
- communication and distribution
- purchasing and manufacturing
- motivating international personnel
- international design and development
- organizing and structuring a multinational firm.
Students are able to adapt to a foreign culture and are able to work in a company in a culturally foreign environment.
Prof. Dr. Knut Reese
+49 (3841) 7537-380