Emin Onur Demircan, Russia
1. Why did you decide to study the master’s programme Green Architecture?
My first intention for having a master degree was improving my career but then it has become my first aim to have knowledge in sustainable and environmental friendly development in architecture after what was thought in Hochschule Wismar and what I saw in different cities of Germany.
2. What are the benefits you experienced during the study, professionally and personally?
This study has added a step further in my professional knowledge, and opened my view about how architecture is applied and done in Europe, also encouraged me to deep in sustainability in Architecture with guidelines and rules.
3. What makes this study programme unique?
Flexibility in studying, chances in going on in academic way, studying together with academicians and professionals from different cultures and countries make this study unique and challengeable.
4. How do you like the study concept, self-directed study combined with on campus seminars (workshop weeks, excursions)?
I wish the study program would / could be more participated in academic environment (campus, university, library) to benefit from these sources more and efficiently.
5. How do you deal about the exchange and cooperation with your study colleagues and lecturers?
While on excursion or workshop weeks, it is easier to benefit from lecturers face to face, but it is more difficult and less efficient via e-mail or skype because of missing in attendance, connection problems, rare meetings and limited time. While trying to communicate with friends and lecturers, whatsapp and skype are sometimes used but e-mails are used so often and more efficiently.