Specialisation A: Urban Planning
This module is comprised of two modules:
Holistic Ecological Concepts
Module 1: Urban Planning
Development and design of an integrated holistic concept for a determined urban district from an ecological perspective.
The following topics will be applied:
- urban structure (city of short distances, qualified mixture, solar urban planning)
- urban climate
- water management and landscape architecture
- green and open space planning
- urban gardening
- Terra Preta
- ecological-social and human-ethological aspects
- participation, transition town
- conceptual and methodical aspects
The students will get the ability to develop an integrated urban district model by working in teams considering the 'Three-Pillar-Model - ecology, social aspects and economy'.
Module 2: Holistic Ecological Concepts
- Urban Space: examples of different approacheand various approaches, general and environmental requirements, analyses and environmentally friendly concept development.
- Planning cycle management
- Ecological cycle management
- Additional concepts for energy, free space, mobility and water
Students will be able to develop ecological holistic concepts within the urban scale: main goals, additional goals and target values